Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Background

I've come to Philly from a really small town in the Poconos. 
Needless to say, I'm not used to the sirens every 10 minutes at night. 
I plan on majoring in photography, maybe doubling or doing a minor in art history. 
I'd really like to go into high fashion photography, but I've also considered
archaeological digs for art (hence the art history). 
I'm an only child, I have a dog, and i really want a chinchilla... 
I'm a lifeguard in the summer at a waterpark. I have the horrible tan lines to prove it... 
I snowboard a lot and played varsity volleyball in high school. 
I don't really have an extensive art background... 
I helped to direct stage design for a couple high school plays and placed in a few local 
art shows. 
I took a lot of high school art courses but most of them didn't "teach" me anything. 
I've learned a lot on my own. (OHHH.. possible memoir assignment ? I think so... Don't try snaking it!!)

I'm looking to Tyler to teach me those basic principles that seemed to have slipped past me. 
And of course to have my work critiqued to shreds.

My first class at Tyler was like a breath of fresh air. I had two other gen ed classes and an art
class was exactly what I needed. After a summer of 24/7 work, it kicked me back into
my create mode.

Here's a couple pieces. It might explain "me" a bit better.











No comments:

Post a Comment