Monday, December 7, 2009

Outside Art Experience

I missed last week's lecture with Sarah Zwerling, but to make up for it, I will being doing something art related this weekend in New York City. One of my good friends from high school's mother is a hair stylist in NYC. She owns a regular salon, but also has worked on a few fashion shoots. She is actually working on one this weekend with an upcoming photographer and my friend said I could go with them (The photographer is Scandinavian. I would put his name, but I can't pronounce it, let alone spell it. I don't even think American keyboards have the right letters for his name haha).

Needless to say, this is an amazing opportunity and I am extremely excited about it. My friend hasn't told me much about the concept yet (I think he wants to be a bit of a surprise...), but I know its on location in Brooklyn and Soho rather than in a studio. It's low budget and by no means a shoot for Gucci or Louis Vuitton, but watching the behind-the-scenes production of my specific field of interest is so exciting. Who knows, maybe I'll even get to give some input!

I know today's our last day, but I'll post my reaction after the shoot anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment